Key Topics and Links to Files
- Data Analysis Guide
- “I Lost My Phone Number, Can I Borrow Yours?” Do Pick-up Lines Really Work?
- Analyses Included: Two-Way ANOVA
- BONUS: Do Tattoos and How You Dress Influence Whether Someone Will Help You?
The Data Analysis Guide contains all of the following:
- Design Summary (for the chapter study and the bonus data)
- Research Question
- Main Analysis
- Other Analyses
- Variables (IV, DV, etc.)
- Analysis Plan (i.e., To emphasize preregistration and open science principles, we outline the analyses students need to conduct)
- SPSS Step-by-Step Guide to the Analyses (for chapter study only)
- Data View
- Variable View
- Setting Up Your Data
- Step-by-Step Instructions with Screenshots for all Analyses
- Example Syntax with notations of key features
- Example Output with notations of where to find key numbers.
- APA Style: Example Results Section
- APA Style: Example Table
- APA Style: Example Figure
*Although this works as a standalone activity, it pairs best with Chapter 11 of Discovering the Scientist Within where you will find more information about the research question (including background research), the thought/decision process behind the study design, as well as key methods and statistical concepts.