Activities focus on the following topics:
- (ANOVA w/ PLANNED COMPARISONS) Does Reasoning about Personal Problems Improve with Psychological Distance? Here students get to conduct a one-way ANOVA (with planned comparisons) and create a figure.
- (ANOVA w/ PLANNED CONTRASTS) Can Playing Tetris Reduce the Occurrence of Intrusive Memories? Here students get to conduct a one-way ANOVA (with planned contrasts) and create a figure.
- Does Sharing a Painful Experience with Other People Lead to More Trusting Relationships? Here students get to conduct a one-way ANOVA, along with a t-test for independent means/samples, and create a figure.
Each Individual Activity Includes:
- A lab summary including: article citation, learning objectives, study description, and the steps needed for the analysis.
- A link the full original article from Psychological Science.
- Two copies of the data file (SPSS & .CSV)
- For R Users: lab summary for completing the lab with R.
You can follow Open Stats Lab on Twitter: @openstatslab
Please click www.openstatslab.com to visit this topic on the site.