Activities focus on the following topics:
- (SINGLE SAMPLE and PAIRED-SAMPLES) Does Music Convey Social Information to Infants? Here students get to conduct a single/one sample t-test, a t-test for dependent means (paired samples), and can create a boxplot and/or scatterplot.
- (TWO INDEPENDENT SAMPLES) Do Spoken or Written Words Better Express Intelligence? Here students get to conduct a t-test for independent means/samples and create a figure.
- (TWO INDEPENDENT SAMPLES) Why do People Fail to Follow Through on Their Good Intentions? Here students get to conduct a t-test for independent means/samples, along with a chi-square test of independence, create a table, and select cases.
Each Individual Activity Includes:
- A lab summary including: article citation, learning objectives, study description, and the steps needed for the analysis.
- A link the full original article from Psychological Science.
- Two copies of the data file (SPSS & .CSV)
- For R Users: lab summary for completing the lab with R.
You can follow Open Stats Lab on Twitter: @openstatslab
Please click www.openstatslab.com to visit this topic on the site.